Water For People Committee Chair:
Water For People Committee Functions
Committee Members And Organization The Committee Chair shall be appointed by the Section Chair. The Committee Vice Chair shall be appointed by the Committee Chair with the advice and consent of the Section Chair Elect. The Committee Vice Chair may succeed the outgoing Committee Chair subject to the approval of the Section Chair. The Committee shall consist of the Committee Chair, Committee Vice Chair, Secretary-Treasurer, and a minimum of three (3) members to be selected by the Committee Chair.
The committee shall aid in the design, execution, and funding of water supply systems for communities in developing countries. The committee shall carry out the intent of and work closely with the Water for People (WFP)/AWWA organization. Water supply projects shall be approved by and may receive funding from both the Section Board and Water for People/AWWA. Activities may include the following:
1) Identify and review potential projects.
2) Develop bases of design based on data collected onsite, resident interviews, available published data, government regulations and past experience.
3) Assist with technical design.
4) Identify sources for materials and for construction and maintenance labor.
5) Raise funds for project implementation.
6) Identify and apply for locally available grant monies.
7) Provide information on and generate interest in the goals and activities of Chesapeake Section WFP program.