Safety Committee Chair:
Safety Committee Functions
Committee Members And Organization The Committee Chair shall be appointed by the Section Chair. A Vice Chair shall be appointed by the Committee Chair with the advice and consent of the Section Chair Elect. The Vice Chair may succeed the outgoing Committee Chair subject to the approval of the Section Chair. The committee shall consist of the Chair, Vice Chair and minimum of (3) members to be selected by the Committee Chair.
The committee shall develop and implement a safety program for the section involving information, training and recognition and shall promote and encourage the utilities to conduct their own activities and special programs. The committee shall also serve as the Section liaison to the AWWA Safety Committee and conduct the Awards System Program as instituted and directed by the National AWWA Safety Committee. This may involve:
1) Develop a Safety Awards Program for the Section. This involves the mailing, collecting, analyzing of safety questionnaires and the selection of recipients of the Section annual Safety Awards.
2) Assist the AWWA Safety Committee in such areas as the distribution of information, the collection of statistical information and their awards program.
3) Operate and maintain a record keeping system on safety statistics for the Section in an effort to determine specific safety problem areas and training needs and a catalogue of available safety training programs and seminars.
4) Conduct special safety programs, seminars and related activities for the Section. This may be accomplished in cooperation with the Section Education Committee, the AWWA Safety Committee, State and Local health and occupational safety agencies, product associations such as the Chlorine Institute and utilities.
5) If requested, assist the Program Committee by providing a safety related program for the Section annual meeting technical program.
6) Prepare safety related news articles for the Section Publication Committee.