Community Relations Committee Chair:
Community Relations Committee Functions
Committee Members And Organization
The Committee Chair shall be appointed by the Section Chair. A Vice Chair shall be appointed by the Committee Chair with the advice and consent of the Section Chair Elect. The Vice Chair may succeed the outgoing Committee Chair subject to the approval of the Section Chair. The Committee shall consist of the Chair, Vice Chair and a minimum of three (3) members to be selected by the Committee Chair. The Committee Chair shall also serve as a member of the Section Communications Committee.
This Committee shall promote AWWA and the Section through an active public information service and by encouraging all members to practice good public relation activities at all levels of the water supply industry. Major activities of the committees shall include:
1. Develop a program of publicity and public information. This will require a current index of all appropriate news media services throughout the Section. News articles may include written releases on the election of officers, awards and achievement of the Section and its members, the Section position regarding Local, State and Federal legislation and the Spring Meeting and Annual Meeting. News articles should be accompanied by the appropriate photographs whenever possible.
2. Promote such events as National Drinking Water Week, Plant Tours, Open House programs or commemorative celebration on a State and Local level. Such events may be initiated by a proclamation by the Governor or appropriate local official.
3. If directed by the Board plan and manage a Community Relations Award contest for the Section. This shall include the development of contest rules and procedures, schedules, the solicitation of entrees, judging and awards.
4. Develop special contests such as a Water Taste Test, as may be recommended and directed by the Section Board.
5. Provide for photographic coverage of important Section meetings and events.
The committee may, in cooperation with the Section Communications Committee, prepare any appropriate newsworthy article for publication in the Section Newsletter.